Help! What to wear?
Kristin Boyer, K Boyer Photography
Atlanta's best family and children's photographer
After many many years of photographing families, I have picked up a few favorite tips from all the various outfits, families and personalities. Below is just a very small sample of my favorite outfits from last fall... So many cute ones!! Love the variety and simplicity of all of these outfits.
YES! My favorite tips and take aways for what to wear in Atlanta for fall family photos.
- Be comfy and be you - Each of these outfit choices reflects the families that are wearing them.
- Pick a base color and add pops of color or simple patterns around it. You can also start with one base piece and go from there.
- Add Textured Fabrics. You can't have too much. My favorites are lace, corduroy, knits, chambray, gauzy or crepe fabrics, velvet, Swiss dots and waffle cloth.
- Stick to one or two patterns and have solid colors and textures for the rest.
- Long Flowy dresses for moms and little girls are wonderful. Movement in these is simply gorgeous and they are very forgiving
- Neutral pallets of soft creams and neutral colors are lovely and timeless.
- Accessories are wonderful! A scarf, a vest, a jacket, a bowtie... layering is wonderful!
- Think classic, simple and timeless
A few No's
- Avoid short skirts and if little girls have dresses (pants are better but..) they MUST wear bloomers.
- Try to avoid low cut dress and tops, tight clothing and bare arms.
- Do your best to limit the number of patterns. Add texture instead!
- Stripes: Skinny and close together stripes don't look good. (EXCEPTION: Thick stripes or skinny stripes that are spaced out look amazing!)